AlarmPro.org (“Company” or “We” or “Us”) is a website that provides independent home alarm rankings and reviews. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. AlarmPro.org does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (http://www.alarmpro.org), is strictly at your own risk. AlarmPro.org will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
This policy describes the types of information We or associated vendors may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website http://www.alarmpro.org (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information We collect:
- On this Website.
- In any electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to, on or through the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on or through this Website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to Us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We generally do not collect information directly from you except as set forth herein. To the extent that personal information is collected by this website, the following outlines our current policy regarding your privacy with respect to such collected information. We may collect, or we may receive from our vendors if you provide such information to them on their websites, several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you and/or;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you if and when you provide it to Us (although we generally do not request such information in the course of delivering this vendor ranking service).
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, search engine used, originating search terms and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and vendors rated on this Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information collected through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in third party forms accessed through our Website. This includes information provided on our business partners’ or third party vendors’ services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact Us.
- Your responses to surveys that We or our rated vendors might ask you to complete for research and/or ranking purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information We collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps Us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling Us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and advertisement e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but We may tie this information to personal information about you that We collect from other sources or you provide to Us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to our third party vendors, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or that are offered by Us or our business partners or third party vendors whose services We review and rate.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services We or our business partners or third party vendors whose services We review and rate offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may display advertisements to our advertisers’ and business partners’ and third party vendors’ (whose services We review and rate) target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Third Party Links
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties We use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. These third party businesses may include providers of direct marketing service and applications, including lookup and reference, data enhancement, suppression and validation and email marketing.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of AlarmPro.org, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- When you request quotes for the third party services referenced on this Website or request to be contacted by a third party vendor or Us concerning such services (in such cases, you are authorizing Us to share such information and permitting Us or such third party vendor to contact you by phone, SMS text messaging or mail). If you do not want further communication from third party vendors from whom you have requested a quote or services, please contact such third party vendors directly.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding your personal information. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We provide you with links to third party advertisers. It is in your sole discretion if you choose to provide your personal information on their websites. If you do not want them to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by contacting them directly.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you want to delete any personal information you must directly contact the third party advertiser on whose form your personal information was submitted. They may not accommodate a request to change information if they believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information via User Contributions in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Last modified: 4/2013